In today’s business environment, the placement of employees in remote or hybrid workplace positions is a common and mainstream practice. In recent times, the shift from traditional onsite models to employment scenarios where individuals work from home, or anywhere, offers tremendous benefit. For employers, the “at-home” model can create the opportunity to not only reduce brick-and-mortar expense but it opens doors to engage with wider talent pools and to hire highly productive people who otherwise might not be available. For employees, the chance to work remotely often leads to better work-life balance, greater happiness in their position and stronger loyalty to an employer long-term. However, identifying and placing the right person for a remote or hybrid employment culture is not always easy. Not all employees thrive in an atmosphere absent of daily in-person engagement with their co-workers, peers, and supervisors, and the challenge faced by employers is to select those who do. In response to this need, Insight Worldwide has developed a unique employee behavioral assessment that identifies individuals who possess the highest potential for success.
Insight’s online or mobile-sent behavioral assessment for remote and hybrid employees was constructed by our PhDs of Industrial-Organizational Psychology. Our extensive study of remote employees working across multiple job responsibilities; interviews with subject matter experts and Human Resources professionals; and data analysis gathered from leading national employer groups has allowed us to identify the five key competencies found in highly successful remote employees. Insight’s remote worker assessment was constructed and is delivered to employers for the purpose of identifying internal and external candidates who score well in these competencies. The results, known as a Remote Efficiency Rating, are produced for the intended purpose of summarizing the behavioral strengths and weaknesses of an individual, and helping employers to determine placement potential or possible developmental and coaching actions for people looking to achieve these placement goals.
You and your team can thrive in the office, and remotely—let Insight help.
- Identify employees/candidates who will be successful in a remote or hybrid setting.
- Ensure your employees/candidates will be focused, responsible, trustworthy, have a proactive work style, and will be performance oriented.
- Remote/hybrid success leads to: loyalty, improved productivity, cost savings, and reduced turnover and absenteeism.
- Results include tailored development plans with activities based on your employee’s/candidate’s scores in each of the five key categories, aimed at improving their areas of weakness.
Remote Efficiency Rating
- Focused – Remains focused in the face of setbacks/obstacles/distractions. Prioritizes and organizes own work tasks to ensure work is completed in a timely manner.
- Responsible – Takes action without being prompted; achieves goals within job requirements. Keeps promises and commitments in day-to-day work and takes responsibility for actions and conduct.
- Trustworthy – Is honest and truthful. Interacts with others in a way that gives them confidence in one’s motives and integrity. Represents the organization in a trustworthy way.
- Proactive Work Style – Generates, creates, or enhances quality goods or services at or above expected standards. Uses organizational resources to accomplish goals; is proactive. Routinely seeks and obtains information and feedback.
- Performance Oriented – Focuses personal efforts on achieving results consistent with the organization’s objectives. Motivated by success and/or problem-solving.